 Off-Topic / Debate / 19848
  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) You just aren't listening, or being deliberately obtuse. *You* started this thread with: (URL) which you expressed outrage because Iraqis violated Geneva Conventions I, as well as others went on to point out to you, John, that the US, as well (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) Whoa, that's quite an indictment! Cease existing! Dave! (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  A pox on your house ( was Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) The conversation? Well one could wish far worse fates on the readership than for that particular conversation to cease existing, Dave! You know, you sure do use a lot of "!" in your writing, Dave! And what's more, it seems to incite others to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) Yes, for the love of everything sacred and holy!! Stop being!!! Oh wait... i forgot to finish that tho...(pause) What's this on the back of my hand? ;) I believe the word I was going to use was something along the lines of "Obtuse" or (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

Don't drag the gun debate into this or you'll get responses like the following, which will derail the thread. (...) No, actually, assuming you're a law abiding citizen otherwise, with a healthy respect for the rights of others, and you've been (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) ***snipped*** Heh. I just don't want Mike throwing down on me when I call him on a fit of post hoc reasoning. Dave! (With very sparing use of the !) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) How's that again?? Not to go 'round and round with you about the specific *gun* issue, 'cause both you and I are unmoveable on that one, and we both know it... If one of *my* ideals is that guns are bad, but I go get a gun because now my (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) Let me try it from another tack. You may be contributing to breaking your ideals, yes, and I don't dispute that, but that's it. Your statement above only holds if it is necessarily true that law abiding citizens (you are law abiding) having (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) That's the good part--the "imho" Perhaps I should have stated that "All of the following are my ideals that I try to adhere to, and my reasons for doing so." But I don't think that covers your objection. So to stop the flogging of the dead (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)