 Off-Topic / Debate / 1967
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:02:08 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> writes:
Pretty tough IMHO to start speculating about God.  It's like a 2
dimensional species living on a plane trying to comprehend a cube.  As the
cube passes through the plane (depending upon what angle, too), it creates
either a square, various sized rectangles, or various sized triangles.

The cube has a beginning and an end, doesn't it?  The cube passing through
the plane implies that, at some point, we witness every aspect of God.
However, scripture indicates that very few people have even come close to
this.

It's probably more like a 5-dimensional tesselated klein bottle passing
partially through a rumpled plane.  The denizens witnessing the event reside
at and around the intersection of the plane and the bottle, perceiving a
skewed view of both.

But certainly, pure logic is either more perfect or equal
than perfect to God.  God cannot be more more perfect than pure logic.

But you forget passion.  He is a God of mercy as much as He is a God of
justice.  Like any set of opposites, logic is absolutely meaningless without
feeling.  And, like any set of rules governing the world, God created them.

Cheers,
- jsproat

He stands...like some sort of...PAGAN GOD or DEPOSED TYRANT.  Staring out
over the city he's sworn to...to stare out over...  And it's evident...just
by looking at him...that he's got some PRETTY HEAVY THINGS ON HIS MIND.
- Ben Edlund, 1996