 Off-Topic / Debate / 1968
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:05:08 GMT

John Neal wrote:
Ever wonder who the person was who was recording the creation event as it
happened?  Wasn't Adam or Eve either, because they weren't created until "day" 6.
The creation account in Genesis _is a story_.  An oral tradition passed down 100s
of years before it was ever written down.  And Genesis contains 2 *separate*
creation accounts, each from different traditions.  They have been blended
together in a way, but they are different and distinct.  See #1 Genesis 1-2:3, #2
Genesis 2:4-25.  Some even argue (with proof) that the Hebrews "borrowed" their
creation story from other cultures.  But here's my point:  "It just doesn't
matter, it just doesn't matter...." [1]

Ah, there are those who say that the story was passed down through Adam to
Moses (or whoever took notes for Moses) from God.  Presumably, God could
have also set the record straight when he and Moses were conversing.

Cheers,
- jsproat

He stands...like some sort of...PAGAN GOD or DEPOSED TYRANT.  Staring out
over the city he's sworn to...to stare out over...  And it's evident...just
by looking at him...that he's got some PRETTY HEAVY THINGS ON HIS MIND.
- Ben Edlund, 1996