 Off-Topic / Debate / 19650
19649  |  19651
Subject:
The Sun is not being very nice.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 18:38:06 GMT

According to the following Guardian story, anyway:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,919003,00.html

Wonder if it's true? Wonder if The Sun will get fined...

I guess I can see where they're coming from given this statement by Chirac
today: ""France would not accept a resolution which authorizes military
intervention and gives the United States and Britain administrative powers
in Iraq," Chirac said. "

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030321/wl_nm/iraq_france_chirac_dc_2

But still, it's not very nice for The Sun to say that.