 Off-Topic / Debate / 19576
    Re: America need not apologize —David Koudys
   (...) Agreed completely, Larry. When your country was smacked, I had no qualms, issues, or problems with you going after OBL. I did, and still do, have issues with your foreign policy, but that gave no right, no excuse for him doing what he did. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: America need not apologize —John Neal
   (...) Did you happen to hear SH's little speech? Maybe someone could explain to me why he referred to the Palestinians multiple times. What do they have to do with anything that is going on in Iraq? JOHN (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: America need not apologize —David Koudys
     (...) Did you happen to hear all the speeches coming out of the White House for the last year? Maybe someone could explain to me why they referred to SH and the Iraqis multiple times. What do they have to do with anything that is going on with OBL? (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: America need not apologize —Scott Arthur
   (...) Easy: 1. both are victims of Bush's foreign "policy". 2. Most of the world has no respect for Bush on either issue. Scott A (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: America need not apologize —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) I think that SH talks about the Palestinians in an attempt to obtain more support among the Arab world. Fredrik (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: America need not apologize —Dave Johann
   (...) That's exactly why he does it. He knows he can't even get his own countrymen to support him, so he's using his power as a figurehead to 'rally the troops' among the rest of the Arab world. Hopefully, they'll see him for the madman he is and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: America need not apologize —Richard Marchetti
     (...) And I think his own countrymen would rather support him than an invading and greedy foreign power. Once their loved ones are killed, lets see how quickly those sweet Iraqis embrace americans in exchange for chocolate bars and a hovel to live (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: America need not apologize —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) One can hope! (URL) is a week or so old and not necessarily a representative sample of all Arab thinking but I did find it interesting, and agreeable. (the shots at the US and Britain and other western powers are well placed, in my view)... (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)