 Off-Topic / Debate / 19516
  It's a sad day

So I was coming here to see if people were talking about the war and the first thing I noticed was this : I win this weeks Lego cool site of the week. *sigh* yipiii... :-( Don't get me wrong. It's an honour that I'm very happy about. I've worked (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It's a sad day

Terry, As much as I generally loathe wading into .debates, I feel I have to speak up and agree with you, or at least your political stance. I've been arguing all day, seemingly with the rest of my bit of America (backwater Michigan, so one can (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It's a sad day

(...) Hum... Maybe not ashamed of your country, but of its attitude in this crisis. A crisis it started. (...) Selfinsh? I dunno. I'd feel more selfish going around posting how cool this is, totally ignoring this tragedy. But I understand your (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It's a sad day

(...) Before I get to my point..congrats on the CSotW. You earned it! (...) Last time I checked, peace is exactly what we're striving for. We didn't ask for attrocities to occur against any people of the world, but they occured anyway. (...) Because (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It's a sad day

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Johann writes: <snip> (...) <snip> Surely that same arguement cannot extend to the other countries against this war, countries, say, like, ummm, Canada? Are we misguided and selfishly looking at our own interests (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It's a sad day

(...) <snip> Dave, we are. We have a PM who is making things up as he goes. Simply put, I think he is wrong, misguided and selfish and that the US is justified. I will let that be know come the next election, although that does not matter with our (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It's a sad day

(...) I've been watching CNN so much lately that I haven't been watching "Canadian" news--the last I saw of JC, he was saying that "we have acheived what we want--the containment of SH--no need for the war". I also heard that we wouldn't support the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It's a sad day

(...) Sure, I'd buy that. The problem is, Canada isn't on the UN Security Coucil while France, Germany, and Russia are. That's what I was referring to-yet another slam at the ineffectual UN that just wasn't worded right. -Dave (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)