 Off-Topic / Debate / 19505
Re: An interesting find
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:27:20 GMT

First of all, fie on you for misuse of Dave!  Larry is the clear master of
the usage, so I'd advise you to study his stylings.  So says Dave!

Maybe if the date you chose to use had been September 11, 2001, I would have
gotten your drift better.  Choosing Bush's inaugural date came off to me as
more sour grapes.

  No, if I'd chosen 9/11/01, you'd likely have inferred it to be a claim
that al Qaeda was responsible for trashing the bill of rights.  And it's not
sour grapes, by the way--the actions of Jeb and Harris prior to the 2000
election, not to mention the direct denial of voting rights to many Florida
citizens (most of whom are registered Democrat or were likely to vote
democrat) is, if we examine the demographics, a scandalous affront not to
the bill of rights itself, but certainly at the very least to the 14th and
15th Amendments, and arguably the 19th and 26th.

     Dave!