 Off-Topic / Debate / 19484
  Re: An interesting find

(...) Err, it was only 1 of 14 copies commissioned by George Washington, according the to the article. JOHN (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting find

(...) Err, I think he's referring to the stolen election being the sign that the Bill of Rights are done for (missing since inauguration day) in our country. He's wrong, of course. The Bill of Rights was trampled on way before that. I keep trying to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting find

(...) Got it now. My misteak actually believing Dave! when he said he was over the election a few posts ago...:-) JOHN (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting find

(...) First of all, fie on you for misuse of Dave! Larry is the clear master of the usage, so I'd advise you to study his stylings. So says Dave! Second of all: i·ro·ny n. pl. i·ro·nies 1. The use of words to express something different from and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting find

(...) Maybe if the date you chose to use had been September 11, 2001, I would have gotten your drift better. Choosing Bush's inaugural date came off to me as more sour grapes. JOHN (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting find

(...) No, if I'd chosen 9/11/01, you'd likely have inferred it to be a claim that al Qaeda was responsible for trashing the bill of rights. And it's not sour grapes, by the way--the actions of Jeb and Harris prior to the 2000 election, not to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting find

(...) Not to mention the entire "American way of life." It can't be sour grapes for me. I hate Gore. During the election, after the primaries were over and all the qualified candidates had been ruled out, I hoped that our esteemed president would (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting find

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: And it's not>sour grapes, by the way--the actions of Jeb and Harris prior to the >2000 (...) You know what-- voting irregularities occur all of the time and all over the place. Only because Florida (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)