 Off-Topic / Debate / 1933
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:47:25 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
Don't usually agree with Richard much in the sphere of politics
(although he's a good friend and very solid trader) but I have to weigh
in on the anti-death-penalty side.

I'm agin em because of the error factor, and because I want the
criminals working their fingers off the rest of their days paying
restitution to the victims.

I'd go for that in Libertopia.  In reality, though, prisoners can't
really be "forced" to work, can they?  Or is that a state by state,
thing?

If the choices are let the scum sit in a prison watching tv and
reading books, maybe even taking courses and such, or frying them, I
say fry 'em.

If the products prison industries produce were sold and some
percentage of the profits DID go towards restitution (and 100% of
whatever they might give the inmates) I'd be all for it.  I don't
think that happens, or is likely to happen, though.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/   (still in Beta)