 Off-Topic / Debate / 1932
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:43:19 GMT

Richard Dee <richard.dee@virgin.net> wrote:
An American using the word "black." I thought that label was
banned?

Banned?  I musta missed that notice.  I know some people prefer
African-American, but I sure don't.  Most black people I know use
black.

The US is not alone in having race problems. The Metropolitan

Yeah, I just saw a story on CNN about all the seemingly racist talk
going on in Norway right now during election season.  Seems the right
wing progressive party wants to cut down (or cut off) on the
immigration of islamic people, while they also want to abolish some
sort of elected assembly of the NATIVE people (Sami?).

Racism never has been solely an American problem.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/   (still in Beta)