 Off-Topic / Debate / 18580
    Re: New Poll —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) This poll is flawed: - doesn't include the universe of possible answers - doesn't even include a "none of the above" - displays the poll taker's bias in the way the answers are worded. So why would it be interesting to watch, exactly? Or put (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: New Poll —David Koudys
     (...) I'm with Larry on this one-- How can a group called 'off-topic' be about LEGO--it's off-topic. Of course the ot-d group is not good for the majority of LEGO enthusiasts, and is only frequented by a relatively small number of folks--but what (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: New Poll —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I think most of us like (most of) the rest of us and we have a strong common shared bond and many of us have met face to face. Those all really help. That and most of us (like Dave Eaton said) are in this for many reasons including the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: New Poll —David Koudys
     (...) My command of the english language has deteriorated since I left post-secondary education behind. I used to be able to throw around 'convivality' and other such sesquepedilian words and actually sound intelligent. Nowadays, it takes me forever (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: New Poll —Ross Crawford
   (...) Just like I'm tempted to start a poll asking whether there should be a disclaimer on all polls similar to slashdot: * Don't complain about lack of options. You've got to pick a few when you do multiple choice. Those are the breaks. * This (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: New Poll —Richie Dulin
   (...) How about a poll like this: Are LUGNET polls generally flawed, scientifically unsound, more likely to annoy others than come up with serious answers, and usually have at least one obvious omission? [ ] No Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)