 Off-Topic / Debate / 18520
    Keeping it sane... —David Koudys
   I read a few message boards daily, and one that I often frequent has a policy in place-- No religious/political debate. They implemented that policy 'cause, invariably, the discussion would get, usually quite quickly, bogged down into a 'flame war'. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Keeping it sane... —Dave Schuler
     (...) The overall quality of character on LUGNET has always impressed me. Even while John Neal and I have been spitting fire at each other here in .debate, we've still exchanged good-natured japes in ot.pun. I recall a year or two ago Frank Filz and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Keeping it sane... —John Neal
     (...) Though my zeal can get the better of me at times, I do appreciate the exchange of ideas in this forum. I only regret the severe limitations of such a venue-- the ease of misunderstanding in a mostly clumsy form of communication. But it beats a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Keeping it sane... —John P. Henderson
   Although I agree with you whole-heartedly Dave K., I would argue that your post is debatably undebatable, and as such it does not belong on this message board. ...It is also very on-topic. Please submit this sort of thing to .on-topic.agreeable. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Keeping it sane... —David Koudys
   (...) <snip> Thanks for making me smile at the end of a very stressful day :) Dave K. (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)