 Off-Topic / Debate / 18222
Re: Vote against/for...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:27:40 GMT

John, "responsible" is not the word I would use - name me a country that
has a worse record with nuclear, biological and chemical weapons?

The former USSR.

Has it dropped "the bomb", has it used biological and chemical weapons the
way the USA has? I think not.

The USSR denotated plenty of nuclear bombs.

As did the USA, France and the UK. So why is the USSR worse than the USA?

Or did you mean killing people at
the same time?

You are being obtuse again.

Yeah, we dropped 2 nukes (tiny by today's standards), but
reluctantly. Had we a cache of bombs we would most certainly have provided a
little demonstration to the Japanese leaders of their fate if they didn't
surrender immediately-- unfortunately we had only 2.  And it is not as if we
didn't give them ample warning to avoid the attacks anyway.

All that's debateble. General Dwight D. Eisenhower:
"Japan was at the moment seeking some way to surrender with minimum loss of
'face'… It wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing."
-

But as long as we are talking about the USSR as some sort of twisted model for
the US to follow-- Stalin alone butchered more of his *own* citizens than we
ever did with nukes or the like combined.

That is ugly, but is not part of this debate.

BTW, in what way are you insinuating the US used bio and chem weapons?

lol Ever heard of "agent orange"? Who gave Iraq its WOMD? Whose anthrax was
spread about the USA last year?

You go, spin doctor.  The cold war was a battle of idealogies-- Communism vs
Capitalism.  We won.

Not quite right, but does the means justify the end?

Why don't you ask that question of the Palestinian extremists?

I have. Answer my question.

As far as Israel goes, that is your POV and not fact; we just see things
differently.

No john, it's a fact. You know. I know it. It's a fact.

Give me a break.  I know NO such thing; it's NOT fact, so just drop it.

Have I touched a nerve? Who pays for the bombs the IDF use to kill women and
children to hold land which does not belong to them in defiance of
international law? Is it you John? Is it?

Scott A

-John