 Off-Topic / Debate / 18138
Re: Vote against/for...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 06:12:06 GMT

Like I said elsewhere, I fear for the country. Having the House, Senate and
White House all controlled by the same party (either one of the current
two, take your pick) is bad bad bad news.

As far as you know, which isn't far.

None of us is blessed with omniescence, of course, as far as I can tell.

That was my point.

And we're all limited by our horizons, and our companions.

But I'm on a mountaintop with Thomas Jefferson, while you're down in a hog
wallow with John Ashcroft, so I'm pretty comfortable that I can see a lot
farther ahead than you can. And what I see scares the jeepers out of me.

If it's any comfort to you, though, you're in the majority.

*You* could be in the majority too if you'd pull your head out and join the
Republican party to work for getting liberatarian agendas implemented, rather
than support the go-nowhere, impotent Losertarian party.  You are not on a
mountaintop and your not with Thomas Jefferson.  You are at the Jetson's home
and you are walking Astro: "Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

The Republicans are *far* from being perfect, but at this point, they are a FAR
cry better than the Dems.  It's about getting things done.  The Republicans
have some elbow room to start getting some positive things accomplished.  I'm
hoping for the ending of federal income tax, or at least the death tax.  Let's
roll.

-John