 Off-Topic / Debate / 18115
18114  |  18116
Subject:
Conspiracy! (was Re: Shocked, just Shocked etc.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:20:04 GMT

I am just hijacking the thread in service to my own nefarious purposes....

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anyway, I was reading some Gore Vidal related stuff on the Observer UK site
and realized that we must be missing some pretty wild stuff. Check out:
http://www.observer.co.uk/review/story/0,6903,819932,00.html

For another view on things that must be done by more than one person, see:
http://almartinraw.com/column78.html

The highlights include:
1) Everthing made possible by a national debt three times worse than is
actually reported!!!
2) The Bush Family as the singular american evil
3) Alan Greenspan as the wise "fixer"
4) Clinton as a person possessed of almost saintly restraint

So, are these guys nutters or truth-sayers? You decide...

I will say this about conspiracies though: despite most people thinking that
tin-foil headgear is a prerequisite to believing in conspiracy theories,
consider this:

Almost EVERY human activity is performed as a social, cooperative act in
unison with others.  Everything from family life to getting things done on
the job -- all of them are exactly like a conspiracy except that they lack
an illegal purpose as their goal.  The idea of a conspiracy is not actually
that ridiculous, it's almost identical to how almost everything else gets done.

Now this doesn't mean you have to believe every crazy thing you may read or
hear about -- all I am saying is that if enough of the facts seem to fit
maybe it's worth at least some consideration.  We may look for verifiable
facts, but let's also agree that a well-run conspiracy doesn't leave many of
these lying around -- you may have to settle for the broader scope of things.

Colorful stuff for no particular reason:
http://www.observer.co.uk/worldview/story/0,11581,825150,00.html
http://www.observer.co.uk/bush/story/0,8224,815694,00.html
http://www.observer.co.uk/bush/story/0,8224,801198,00.html

-- Hop-Frog