 Off-Topic / Debate / 1794
    Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color) —Todd Lehman
   (...) Say, if it took God six days to create the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them, this would seem to indicate that God isn't infinitely fast...that good things take time. Maybe He could make the Universe blink *out* of (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color) —Jeremy Sproat
     (...) If I were to wax philosophical, like Mr. Lehman, days would seem like millennia, if I were to wax philosophical. ;-) Perhaps -- and this is purely guesswork -- time was conceived to allow good things to happen. It's pretty much stated in (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color) —Tom McDonald
     (...) I (...) Hehe. If you so intimately knew your creation, say Lugnet for instance, wouldn't you know what it would do ahead of time given just about any situation? Maybe you could anticipate what it would do 95, 96, 97, or even 100% of the time. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color) —John Neal
   Ever wonder who the person was who was recording the creation event as it happened? Wasn't Adam or Eve either, because they weren't created until "day" 6. The creation account in Genesis _is a story_. An oral tradition passed down 100s of years (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color) —Jeremy Sproat
   (...) Ah, there are those who say that the story was passed down through Adam to Moses (or whoever took notes for Moses) from God. Presumably, God could have also set the record straight when he and Moses were conversing. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color) —John Neal
    Sproaticus wrote: <snip> (...) Yes, and that is my point. What does it matter? Why must we make it reconcile with what *we* believe? We try to make everything fit and reconcile perfectly. And folk like Larry can see right through that. Better to (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)