 Off-Topic / Debate / 17803
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:30:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin writes:

And just who is it that the militia is supposed to be well regulated by,
anyway?

By the individual members.

I wonder how this does/would work in practice. Regulation of an armed body
by individuals would not appear to be too effective.

For instance, do you see, in a time of crisis in the US, a militia
sponteneously arising from its citizenry, and, leaderless, restoring
democracy to the country?

Who decides when to storm the White House?

Or if there is a leader of the militia, how is he or she to be appointed?
(Democratically electing a militia leader in a time a crisis would seem to
be a bit of a drain on resources...)

Cheers

Richie