 Off-Topic / Debate / 17717
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:28:25 GMT

I guess it's important to keep straight the
concepts of "personally productive" and "globally productive."  It might not
be too rewarding for the dead or maimed, but the message goes out
nonetheless.

Right.  But even to Mr. Weaver, the situation might be preferable to
spending 15 years in a federal prison with no one knowing about it.  I don't
know him.

And I knew this guy Alex back in St. Louis who forced a cop at gunpoint, so
the story goes, to stop beating a black loiterer in what is widely assumed
to be a racially motivated incident.

I'd like to read about that one.  Hard to defend the cop's actions, of
course, but without more info it's little more than an anecdote. And there's
an immediate opposite side of the coin, such as "I knew of a guy who held
the cops at bay with an assault rifle so his friend could rape a woman."
What happened to Alex?

defused the situation.  Long term, he was a burnt-out Viet Nam vet who was
theoretically dying of cancer that our government gave him while in The Nam.
He was an occasional guest lecturer on assasination and improvised munitions
at the Kung Fu school I attended for fourish years.

He was one of a group of dangerous people with whom I associated as a late
teen.  I'm happy to have left them all behind.  They were universally
interesting, but not destined for long-term life, prosperity, or freedom and
would have been only too hapy to drag me down too.  His buddy, Bomber Bob
kept a crate of grenades in his trunk and occasionally had stuff like M60s
for sale!

Chris