 Off-Topic / Debate / 17636
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:15:21 GMT

I'm awake and thanking God I'm Canadian each and every time Dubya's on TV.

Okay, I need to remember this: the reason Koudys doesn't have an informed
opinion about U.S. issues

You're very good at the off-handed put-down aren't you--'doesn't have an
informed opinion'?  I think I'm just as informed as you.  I took my poli-sci
courses in university (tho a long time ago to be sure) and I read the
articles that people post here to see what they're saying.  I just connect
the dots differntly than you do.  Does that make my opinion less informed
than yours?

When someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they're less informed
than you.  I mean, it *could* mean that they don't know as much as you, but
it really is irrelevant--they are *entitled* to their opinioin just as much
as you are entitled to yours.

For me, the way you're sounding is like the flea that thinks it owns the dog.

is because he isn't an interested party.
David, I would kindly ask you to stop discussing what you don't know and
doesn't matter to you anyway.

As for me, maybe I'll mention it one more time--Hi, I'm Dave.  I live up
here in Canada (waves from the north) and I believe that what affects one of
us, affects *all* of us, and this becomes abundantly clear when your
president decides to go invade a country--who is right beside you?  Well,
Britain, but us polite Canadians as well.  How many Canadians died on 9/11?
How much aid did Canada give?  Ask yourself, sir, where your planes had to
be routed to that day--no questions asked.  We really are, in so many way,
your 'kid brother'.  Do we see what's going on down there?  You bet your
moral superiority we do.

When you are a U.S. citizen I *may* be
interested in what you have to say about what happens in the U.S. -- for now
you are a mere observer.  Don't overestimate the value of an outsider's
opinion to those of us that have to live within the U.S. system.

I may be an observer, but when something happens in the US, your kid bro up
here is affected, so I'm not only trying to help you, in a way I'm helping
my country as well.

It's time for someone to stand up and say 'the emporer has no clothes.'
Sometimes you're just so embedded into your little world you fail to see the
ramifications of your decisions and actions that are caused to your fellow
human.  I'm just one voice saying, 'look around you--see what your impact is
outside of your little world'.

If you want gun control in Canada -- great!  I could care less. To each
their own.

-- Hop-Frog

And if you want to own your gun, great!  I personally could care less.
Don't equate that gun with keeping your civil liberties, though.  It has
nothing to do with keeping your freedom at all.  It is just to show you how
freedom should work--you have the right to own a gun in a free nation, just
as a 5 year old has the right to own a security blanket.

Dave K.