 Off-Topic / Debate / 17633
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:53:12 GMT

I obey the law *because* it's the law...

That attitude makes you sound like a goon.

My attitude makes me sound like a goon?  What kind of goon?

The kind who is an authority apologist.  The same kind as Scott Arthur when he
says the very same thing.  I don't care how much you want to dress it up; what
you are implying is that you would follow laws that demand unjust or immoral
action from you...simply because you believe in the notion of democracy.

I fear you are misrepresenting my views. I can't think of any law that I
view as "immoral", but I can list a few that I view as being "unjust" to me.
However, I share this island with a lot of other people, and I am polite
enough to respect their views. If I feel a law is "unjust" to more than just
me, I might right a letter to my elected representative or take part in a
protest.

With great respect, I view your outlook on this as being a little selfish.
If we all thought a little more about our fellow man, and a little less
about ourselves, perhaps this world would be a tiny little bit better…

Scott A