 Off-Topic / Debate / 17621
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 02:00:29 GMT

Let me say it again, but more concisely:

Only an armed population can fight back against a totalitarian regime.
The 2nd amendment is meant to allow the population to be armed for
just this reason.

Yes, if democracy failed and a totalitarian regime took over, gun
control would be put in place.  But until that point, having it be
legal means more people would own guns.  That's a good thing if your
government has declared martial (not marshall, BTW) law, suspended
elections, etc. and there is no recourse left for the people other
than armed rebellion.

I don't think that's going to happen in the USA anytime soon, but it
has happened in a lot of other places, so don't think it never can.

--Bill.

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin