 Off-Topic / Debate / 17628
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 05:34:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, William R. Ward writes:

Let me say it again, but more concisely:

Only an armed population can fight back against a totalitarian regime.

It depends what you mean by "fight". If it means oppose through force of
arms, then you are correct. Obviously.

If you mean only an armed population can rid themselves of a totalitarian
regime, then I think you are wrong.

Look at the experience of regime changes last century in India, East
Germany, Russia and South Africa which were achieved (primarily) other than
through force of arms.

Cheers

Richie Dulin