 Off-Topic / Debate / 17465
    Re: Durned Telemarketers! —Duane Hess
   (...) My state (Colorado) just passed a "no call list" (URL) where your telephone number is entered into a database. Telemarketers are required to buy updates (I think quarterly) of the database and are fined for each number that is called on the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Durned Telemarketers! —Tim Courtney
   (...) I believe our governor (Illinois) recently vetoed such a bill because it 'wasn't strong enough' and allowed too many exemptions. I think these state-run do not call lists (with penalties) are a good thing (and are long overdue). BUT, I hope (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Durned Telemarketers! —Duane Hess
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes: <snip> (...) Agreed on all points, but I'll take whatever I can get to begin with. I can only hope that political and non-profit phone solicitations will be brought under the same restrictions at a (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)