 Off-Topic / Debate / 17447
  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

(...) ergh? As a Dodge Neon racer, I have to have a big Dodge to pull the trailer with the Neon in it. Neon not enough of a sports car? Sure has enough dings and dents to qualify as having been seriously "sported". And if it doesn't qualify, then I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

Thats's a special case ;-) Though you should have a Turbo Diesel Ram or other monster truck as your tow vehicle. Then again, if you have a Dodge Ram, that's not an SUV anyways. Not by the "real" definition ("Yuppiemobile that never has dirt on it (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  SUVs (was: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...)

(...) What's the story with SUVs and all this angst? I bought a Toyota RAV4 (I know, a baby SUV) the second year they were out and I drove it around town, on 20,000 miles of highway road trips and up 40 degree dirt and rock inclines. It was a great (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: SUVs (was: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...)

(...) All wheel drive equipped vehicles (Subarus, Mercury Mountaineers, etc.) have a center differential between the front and rear axles. 4WD equipped vehicles do not and shouldn't be driven over road with the 4WD engaged. -Rob. (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: SUVs (was: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...)

(...) See also (URL) have a Durango. I hate it, it gets very poor mileage. But we needed the number of seats it had as well as the trailer capability. Jo and I fight about whether she should drive it all the time. I argue that she should drive our (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: SUVs (was: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...)

(...) are you sure it isn't the other way round? That's always been my experience. (URL) a not too bad explanation. Manufacturers want this to be a confusing topic, it seems. I do agree, a part time 4WD should not be taken on dry pavement unless (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: SUVs (was: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...)

(...) I think Full Time 4WD and AWD are used synonymously (at least in the US), which implies that there is a center differential. FT 4WD is differentiated from standard 4WD usually on vehicles that offer both variants. I don't think there are any (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: SUVs (was: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...)

(...) No, it doesn't count as an"SUV", because you actually USE it as a UV ;-) It's only an "SUV" if it never ventures off the pavement. (...) Well, in the case of my 3 sports cars, they are AWD because they are ALWAYS powering all tires (though as (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)