 Off-Topic / Debate / 1736
Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil? (Was Re: POV-RAY orange color (0)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:00:04 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message

In what way was he more than a man? (beware of circular arguments) in
what way was his message profound?

I think the claim that man could reconcile with God through faith alone and
not earn it is new for the time.

No, Jesus revealed the true nature of God, because only Jesus knew it.

If only Jesus can know it, how can he reveal it to others? Doesn't that
smack you of trying to tell a blind person what sight is like? What's
the point?

He didn't say "know," he said "knew."

No, Job reflects the ultimate cruelty and perverseness of the Old
Testament god. I note that most bibilical scholars agree that god seems
to have changed between testaments. Does he love us more now than he did
before? Are we or are we not to repudiate the OT?

That's you applying your morality to a God (and a religion) that claims
otherwise, for one.  It's also you analyzing this story based on your values
(material wealth and physical health) as opposed to J-C values of faith and
spiritual maturity.

Jesse