 Off-Topic / Debate / 17342
  White House Office to Counter Anti US Sentiment

(URL) interesting contrast in the BBC version (URL) the BBC report voices some valid reasons why their is anti-US feeling around the world, even in Europe and the UK, the CNN version seems to report that it is the rest of the world who simply (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: White House Office to Counter Anti US Sentiment

(...) Unless she has the budget of Imelda Marcos, I don't think it will make much of a difference! ;-) Fredrik (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> wrote in message news:qrdptx4e5t8.fsf....uio.no... (...) Well she nearly has as many pairs of shoes :-) Just how many do women need?!!?? She did try it once before. I was on a project in Dallas for 4 (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: White House Office to Counter Anti US Sentiment

(...) Hmm. This reminds me of when the Conservatives lost power in '97. Rather than recognise their problems, they simply claimed that voters misunderstood their agenda and tried to make the result go away. That very attitude was part of their (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: White House Office to Counter Anti US Sentiment

(...) Hmm. This reminds me of when the Conservatives lost power in '97. Rather than recognise their problems, they simply claimed that voters misunderstood their agenda and tried to make the result go away. That very attitude was part of their (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: White House Office to Counter Anti US Sentiment

(...) OMGoodness--I agree with Scott A! Yeah, instead of identifying the problematic issues that cause anti-US sentiment, let's get a good PR campaign to 'spin' it. I think that some of the anti-US sentiment is *un*justified, but there are some (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)