 Off-Topic / Debate / 1730
Re: POV-RAY orange color
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:31:00 GMT

John Neal wrote:

Yes, of course it is the work of the body of believers who carry on the message
(Gospel).  The key is that the Gospel has remained intact for two millennia and
not degenerated into garbage.

That's certainly a matter of interpretation. Were I more than normally
interested in baiting you I'd say GIGO, but I won't. I will merely say
that the Bible is not an easy read and that scholars do a great deal of
debating about what errors various translators introduced, so I think
it's a stretch to claim it as "intact".

I'll ask again. What part of the Bible is allegorical and what part is
literal? How is the unschooled reader to know the difference? Can't
really apply a reasonableness test, because almost nothing it in (even
the parts that I think you are claiming are essentially or completely
true) is amenable to reason, explanation, or the scientific method.

This is because God's
Spirit is still active today, guiding and influencing.

Are you stating an opinion here or a verifiable fact? If the latter,
could you provide some proof, please?

lugnet.