 Off-Topic / Debate / 17034
Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 02:15:58 GMT

Tom Stangl wrote:

I don't have a problem with someone believing in a Greater Being...

What I DO have a problem with is the following:
IF such a Greater Being exists, why is he/she/it such a bastard?

I don't have a problem if someone believes in a higher power, wants to
attend a church, etc. This is America and you have that personal right.
I DO have a problem when lawmakers in Ohio try to push their religious
views into public school science classrooms under the guise of
"Scientific Creationism" for their own personal gain.

Scientific Creationism is NOT a valid scientific theory and the feeble
attempts to make it so only propagate misinformation and teach our young
how to improperly abuse and manipulate mathematics and statistics.

Now note that doesn't mean I am not in favor of Scientific Creationism
being taught SOMEWHERE. I just don't favor it being presented in a
science setting - it's a human "idea" that belongs in something more
along the lines of a sociology classroom or in church itself.

--
J. Spencer Rezkalla