 Off-Topic / Debate / 17015
Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:17:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

What is it about evolution that seems so illogical to you?

If I may pose a question:  Evolution is basically the theory that stuff comes
from stuff that came before it.  If you take stuff all the way back to the Big
Bang (or whatever universe starting event you wish), where logically did *that*
stuff come from?  At some point, you'd have to acknowledge that some stuff came
from nowhere, which seems illogical within the perimeters of evolution (to me,
at least).

but that's not about evolution anymore - it's the origins question, I
believe.  I think it's ok to say I don't know what happened then, but to me,
the most logical thing that was before the big bang, was another universe...
basicly, we have a pulsing universe, that collapses upon itself once in a
while, resulting in a new big bang each time.  and so, to the end of time...

Dan