 Off-Topic / Debate / 16952
    Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. —Dave Schuler
   (...) **snip of some stuff** That's all well and good, but the point is that John asked for an example of a Xtian (or group thereof) in the past 100 years who killed innocent women or children, and I provided several examples. At any rate, I don't (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. —David Koudys
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) If I backed the wrong horse and/or he doesn't exist (as proven in HHGTTG btw) then I have lived my life to the best of my ability for no other reason than it was the right thing to do. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) Herbs have complex chemicals that are as yet poorly understood. Some of them are certainly medicinal. And "real doctors" have been practicing quackery through the ages. (...) Something being legal doesn't make it right. Slavery of negros was (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. —David Koudys
     A little terse, aren't we? (...) Yes, isn't it amazing how much better we know now than we did back then. And isn't it amazing how we can't possibly conceive that the future is going to be any better at making decisions than we do today. I always (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. —Dave Schuler
   (...) Right to whom? To yourself? That's mighty solipsistic of a professed Xtian. Regardless, Pascal's wager is no validation of faith whatsoever, unless one already believes and feels like he needs a reason to continue. (...) Well, quacks are (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. —David Koudys
     (...) K, I was replying to someone who mentinoed that perhaps there is no God and that I'm wasting my time being a Christian. My answer, slightly tongue-in-cheek, was stating that 'so what?' If I get to the end of my life, living as a Christian and (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Correct. The "Big AMA Conspiracy" *actually* in effect is the one that restricts the supply of doctors in order to drive up the price of medical services. Classic cartel/union operation. (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)