 Off-Topic / Debate / 16720
Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:30:10 GMT

That said, I'm going to sing '..God keep our land, Glorious and Free...'
with a little more emphasis from now on, and I'll fight to keep that line in
there with everything I have.

Do it!  Sing your songs and keep "under God" in your renditions of The
Pledge.  Just don't pretend that The State is entitled to endorse one
religion over another (or over a lack of religion).

I'm confused. I thought David Koudys more likely to sing "God Save Our
Gracious Queen" than "My Country Tis of Thee" but I could be wrong. Or is it
that he just went to college in CA but is a US citizen after all?

That line of mine is from 'Oh Canada'  Sometimes when I'm debating, I jump
from one side of hte border to the other 'cause invariably, the stupidity
that happens to our bigger brother, will eventually happen to us, though
always on a much smaller scale.

So though we don't have the constitutional fiasco with all the bantering
back and forth about the ammendments and such, the bottom rationale about
separation of Church and state has, and will continue to, affect Canada.
Although just thinking about it now, we do have the Public School system,
and the Catholic School system, both funded by the taxpayers, so we
definitly don't have it as bad as y'all.

Further, when I'm going on about something, I do say 'you' alot.  It's not
so much in reply dorectly to the person posting, it's more in response to
'anyone but me' ;)  You (America) have an issue.  You (society) should
really understand that you (everybody) cannot please everyone else, so stop
trying--sometimes it's confusing, but *none* of it is libelious.  If I go
off on a tangent and say you who think the sky is pink, it infers those that
think the sky is pink, not necessarily you, the original poster.  As you,
Dave! yourself pointed out, I wasn't responding to anything *you* said, thus
I can't be held libel.

Mentioning 'libel' everytime you (now see, the difference here is
you=everyone) don't like reading something will be the end of debate and
discussion, imho

I admit it. I can't keep all these Daves straight without a scorecard.
Especially you, Dave!

Maybe there's only one Dave and you're arguing with yourself? Who can say?
We have already established there is only one Eric.

And there is only one ++Lar.

Everyone has a Dave.

Dave