 Off-Topic / Debate / 16611
  Followup: USA soccer team at the World Cup

(...) I wrote this yesterday, and I was full of hope. I, and all the folks who stopped their work today to see this match on the telly. We lost. :-( Never before I had seen so many people struggling to keep tears away from their faces, knowing that (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Followup: USA soccer team at the World Cup

(...) I wish I could say I wish it were otherwise, but I can't. Poland blew us out of the water, and if it wasn't for your red cards, we'd be in your shoes now. But you have my sympathy. (...) I'm very sorry for your loss. I didn't know anything (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Followup: USA soccer team at the World Cup

(...) I'm not sad because of the defeat, I'm upset because we played below our level AGAIN (that makes it the third time in the last 6 games, the worst of which was against Finland). It's really frustrating to know they could have done better, like (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Followup: USA soccer team at the World Cup

(...) I didn't watch that game, but I saw clips. Two red cards in one game is inexcusable, though. [...] (...) It was a bit of a mess. We've got some great players (very fast, especially against poland) but they don't seem to synergize. (...) When (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Followup: USA soccer team at the World Cup

(...) I saw the first one replayed during lunch today, and all I can say is that J. Pinto will be lucky if he does not get suspended *for good*. Beto shouldn't be in the field by then, so he is not entirely to blame (the coach should have (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)