 Off-Topic / Debate / 16605
    Re: One of our favorite issues! —Dave Schuler
   (...) Upon rereading it, I agree. It's a bit more scattershot than I'd initially thought. (...) I suppose that, as a matter of practice, to do otherwise would cause the judiciary to sort of bleed into the legislature. If there is any other way to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: One of our favorite issues! —Richard Marchetti
   (...) Consider also that only your first appeal to a higher court is a matter of right, all subsequent appeals must be granted certiorari. That means to reach the Supreme Court you have to have something that the courts are even willing to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: One of our favorite issues! —Dave Schuler
   (...) Absolutely! My perennial bugaboo is the ol' "Creationism in public schools" mantra that's lately mysteriously popular here in the Dark Ages of Western PA. I'd love the Supreme Court to say once and for all "it ain't science and never will be, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)