 Off-Topic / Debate / 16498
  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) Heh. So your pols are all American, then? (Ottawa -> 45.42N,75.7W) Steve (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) Come on, Steve. They gave us Michael J. Fox--don't wish American politicians on him. Of course, they did dump Alanis Morisette on us. What if we give them Ross Perot? Dave! (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) You did, I work for EDS in Ottawa, Ontario. Jude (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) Okay, call us even. Dave! (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) And I hasten to add that I grew up *due north* of Canada...in the United States (shouldn't be hard to figure out where). :) LFB (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) I don't think there is any part of the United States that is due north of any part of Canada, unless you're talking about that little wedge of land known as the pan handle of Alaska--that may be due north of Victoria Island. Alaska is more of (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) You also have to ignore embassies. :-) Jude BTW, Santa lives in Quebec (All postal codes beginning with H are in la belle province). (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) Postal Services worldwide, being overwhelmed by lettters from the kids to Santa Claus, petitioned the Canadian Government for years to change a specific Postal Code(1). One of the last things PET did before he stepped down was to make an (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) With respect I was always told he lived in Lapland so I wonder if the Finnish government has fictitiously done something similar. (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) What do you mean fictitious? Jude (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) I construed the asterisked part of David's post as saying that in fact Trudeau did no such thing. If he did then I guess I mean have the Finns actually done something similar. (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) Yep, I have no idea if Pierre did anything of the sort--was a brief interlude into 'Dave's Little World (DLW)' wherein Santa is Canadian, I get payed playing EQ, we all get along the world over, and I get LEGO for Christmas every year of my (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Santa's Postal Code (was: other stuff)

(...) Reality doesn't suck; it just predates Trudeau. :) (URL) postal code has been H0H 0H0 for more than 20 years, and for the last 18 years, postal volunteers help Santa answer his mail; last year over 1 million letters were answered in 26 (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) I thought you were going to start arguing that Santa was not real. I am glad you didn't cause Suz would end up with having to deal with a possible flame war. ;-) Jude (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) Wrongo! I'm so disappointed. I thought Canadians had a better grasp of geography than Americans. Parts of southeastern Michigan--including much of Detroit--are indeed due *north* of Ontario. I'm sorry, we'll have to deduct 10 points from your (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of the English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) OMGoodness--Entirely didn't realize about Michigan... Now I'm looking at an Ontario map and holy moly, lookit all that Michigan to the north of Windsor! Wow, Dave gets a lesson in Geography today... So there you are. Dave (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) Heck, doesn't a large portion of the Canadian population live south of the 49th (going back to the phrase that started this subthread)? I don't have access to a good map right now (well, I probably do, but don't know where to surf to), but (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) The Dutch say Sinterklaas comes from Spain. With his little Moor, Zwarte Piet. No, it's probably best if we don't discuss *that* little tradition... best LFB (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)