 Off-Topic / Debate / 1591
Re: ValuJet double jeopardy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:44:46 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 02:13:57 GMT, Lee Jorgensen <ljorgensen@zephyrtech.com>
wrote:

AFAIK, double jeopardy is where you are _TRIED_ twice for the same offense.

Would that be like if your ex-wife and her boyfriend were murdered, and it
looked you did it, so you were tried for murdered, but you were acquitted,

Aquitted, not based on whether he did it or not, but as a message to even the
score on racism.

and so you got sued for "wrongful death"?

Screwed up system doled out a little justice after all.  Even a blind squirrel
finds a nut every now and then;-)

Oh, wait; that's OK, because the suit is a *civil* case.  So we can ignore
the logic and the basic laws, and continue on with revenge-court.

What a screwed up legal system we've got in the US.

Screwed up!  Are you calling *my* country's legal system screwed up?!  Why,
that's slander against America!  Hey wait.  *I'm* an American....  That's
slander against *me*!!  I'll sue!!

-John

Steve