 Off-Topic / Debate / 1590
Re: ValuJet double jeopardy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:29:59 GMT

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 02:13:57 GMT, Lee Jorgensen <ljorgensen@zephyrtech.com>
wrote:

AFAIK, double jeopardy is where you are _TRIED_ twice for the same offense.

Would that be like if your ex-wife and her boyfriend were murdered, and it
looked you did it, so you were tried for murdered, but you were acquitted,
and so you got sued for "wrongful death"?

Oh, wait; that's OK, because the suit is a *civil* case.  So we can ignore
the logic and the basic laws, and continue on with revenge-court.

What a screwed up legal system we've got in the US.

Steve