 Off-Topic / Debate / 15846
  Re: Urantia?

(...) I thought what is happening in France would add to your comments: Scientologists face Paris ban (URL) "an essentially commercial enterprise," which offered members "the illusory promise of revival" in their lives. "The methods of Scientology, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Urantia?

(...) "The trial, the first to be heard under tough new anti-cult legislation, was brought by three former Scientology members who accuse the organisation of harassing them after they had left." It seems to me that having "anti-cult" legislation (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Urantia?

(...) Yeah, I've wondered about this issue as well. For me, much can be made of the fact that the "religion" in question [allegedly] goes to great lengths to restrict its member's freedoms, such as freedom to choose a different religion, so there (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  scientology conspiracy in Hollywood (was Re: Urantia?)

(...) I’m afraid I don’t know enough about French culture/legislation to really answer your point. But you appear to be inferring that this could never happen in the USA? Could the scientologists not just be labelled “un-American” and then a witch (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)