 Off-Topic / Debate / 15633
Re: An armed society...(what if?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 20:40:24 GMT

There are 'rich guys' out there teaching the sheep how we can start to exploit
these same loopholes.

Can we please include "sheep" accusations in Godwin's law, too?  I mean,
I'm not in the habit of calling conspiracy-theorists "paranoid, raving,
credulous buffoons," so I find it petty and annoying that non-believers of
conspiracy theory are called sheep.

Like any self-respecting and haughty high-born conspirator, I much prefer
the term "great unwashed" to "the sheep."  So let's go with that please.

But the scale or significance is the key, not to mention the "two can keep
a secret if one is dead" bit (was that Twain?)  I mean, I'll come clean and
confess that I (along with several "illuminated" buddies) conspired to
switch locks on about two dozen lockers back in high school, and none of us
broke the code of silence until I did just now.  But as the number of
conspirators increases, the chances of any one of them spilling the
beans--even accidentally--increases as well.  A huge and insidious
multi-national Conspiracy, whose perimeter is everywhere and whose center is
nowhere, is unlikely.

   Actually, I think existence of such is mandatory, but you say unlikely,
how fascinating.