 Off-Topic / Debate / 15632
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 20:46:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:

That is because statistically legal gun owners are white middle income
americans living in low crime areas.

All things being equal otherwise, in areas where it is eaiser to legally obtian
a gun the crime rate is lower.  This hold true in all econmic and social
classes.

Err. I live in a "middle income" area - crime is very low, and nobody has guns.

Ummm, how do you know that? Have you asked everyone? Regardless, I also live
in a middle class area with low crime, and would postulate the ownership of
guns is also fairly low (seeing it's pretty hard to convince our PM of the
need to own one). So I second your sentiment 8?)

ROSCO