 Off-Topic / Debate / 15553
Re: An armed society...(what if?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:25:35 GMT

With every gun debate I see/read, it seems to me more people would rather
live unarmed.  I seems likely to me that, within my lifetime, guns will be
outlawed from private citizens.

Why do I think this likely?  Because I just don't see enough people who are
willing to stand up and defend their rights and the rights of others.

Not too long ago I saw a video about several *conspiracies*.  Mentioned was
the seizure of properties (as highlighted in drug enforcement laws).  Here
are a few cases that were noted...

1.)  A woman owns property where she grows some vegetables.  Somewhere on
the land, her son was growing pot.  The authorities somehow found the crop
and seized it...as well as the entire field.  The woman claimed to know
nothing about the pot, but was held liable regardless.

2.)  A man bought a plane ticket with cash.  It was one of many frequent
trips to some shrubbery plantation where they only accept cash.  The man had
a few thousand dollars in cash on him.  Buying the plane ticket with cash
alerted the airport authorities, they seized him, searched him, and finding
no cause for arrest, confiscated his cash.

3.)  A truck driver was returning from a drop-off.  He had delivered some
heavy machinery.  He had parked the truck for a moment when a patrol car
pulled up behind him.  They asked him to open the trailer but found nothing
suspicious.  They searched through his paper work and found ten-thousand
dollars in cash.  Claiming that the possesion of the cash was grounds for
suspicious behavior, the officers seized the truck and the money.  Two years
later, the shriff office gave the driver back the truck and half the money.

Apparently all three cases are perfectly legal.  More frightening still is
the lack of public scrutiny.  Worse, if Joe Patriot speaks up, he may be
branded a conspiracy nut-crack.  And while Joe Patriot may have some vocal
support, he will likely stand alone as no one else seems to think there is a
problem worth getting worked up over.

The fact that these search and seizure laws are even in existence simply
shows the apathy of American citizens.

Therefore I don't think it will be too long before guns are illegal.

What then.  What if we lose the guns?  Will anyone care?  Besides the
incarcerated or committed.

Isn't entertainment all that we really need?  A bunch of happy slaves who
work upwards of sixty hours a week, participate in daily entertainment
rituals, and pop a few emotion-enhancing vitamins.

Live happy and die ignorant.