 Off-Topic / Debate / 15500
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:28:06 GMT

Growing dissatisfaction with things as they are was growing before this last
year.  I hope the distractions of this stupid war and fear of terrorism
hasn't quashed the fervor for a better political scene, but it probably has...

Most of the "major news stories" have been geared to distract the average
mindless American into thinking they need the federal Government.  The Y2K
farce was a good example of that.  Personally I really hope that some
government faction did not allow the Terrorists a victory for that very reason.
Of course to even suggest such a thing is "completly preposterous" and
"unAmerican."  I find the notion that someone could have made that decision
nausiating.  The rational part of my brain would not be surprised though.

-Mike Petrucelli  (I wonder, when the second civil war comes will there be
enough patriots to defend our liberty?)