 Off-Topic / Debate / 15489
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:58:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Mike Petrucelli" <lordi@erols.com> writes:

As Stalin so eloquently put it; "Those who cast the votes decide
nothing, those who count the votes decide everything."  Just remember
Hittler was an elected offical.  Also note that the United States Gun
Control act of 1968 is virtually word for word identical to the
Translated Nazi Weapons law of 1938.

Can I ask you a rhetorical question, while still staying with the Hitler
subject?  Hitler was a vegetarian.  Does that prove anything about
vegetarians?

Flawed Logic.  You have assumed I stated something along the lines of "[Hitler
was an Elected offical therefore elected officals are bad]"  What I stated, or
at least was trying to convey, was that Hitler was an elected offical therefore
"Democratic Elections" can not prevent elected officals from abusing power.  An
armed citizenry can prevent abuse of power.

-Mike Petrucelli