 Off-Topic / Debate / 15453
  Re: scalpers

(...) That is exactly what the modern scalper does via E-Bay and other means. That is exactly what this man said he does. I'll use myself as an example of the "frustrated people who didn't find them inside" as I only go to E-Bay when I CAN'T find (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: scalpers

(...) snip No, I don't sell them for higher than the face value, that is the definition of a scalper. I actually sell them for less than retail on ebay, so how does that fit into your definition of scum. If you have been following the shopping (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: scalpers

(...) Our definitions are clashing. I have not accused you of jacking up the prices. You fall under the definition of a new, "modern" scalper. One who clears shelves of items and sells them on a secondary market for a profit. It doesn't matter if (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: scalpers

(...) What do you mean "should have been"? The goal of a store is to sell things. Stores are within their rights to put quantity limits in place, if they so choose. They are also within their rights to sell as many as they like to the first person (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: scalpers

(...) Note also that in many sales, stores offer rain checks. I have also seen plenty of stores advertise limits on how many of an item they will sell to one customer. The existence and frequent use of both of these tactics suggest that the stores (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: scalpers

snip (...) No, you have every right to speak your personal opinion, that is why this forum, and this country are so great. I won't say I agree with you but never feel you shouldn't have stated your opinion, it's what you believe and that should be (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: scalpers

(...) Speaking of scalpers... I came across this page on the Rebelscum website: (URL) their definition of Collector apply to LEGO in the context of this thread? -Rob. (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: scalpers

(...) Interesting. It does seem to include a good definition of "scalper" even though it uses it as a perjorative. I do have some comments on it though. - They are making a value judgement about Ben's collection (he's the one who bought 3 C-3POs, 2 (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)