 Off-Topic / Debate / 14319
Re: Novels are now airline security risk...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:52:50 GMT

Can somebody who understands this please explain the point about his driving
licence? I assume it is used as ID? What does the date matter unless he
intended to drive the plane to his planned destination? I mean this part:

==+==
And the final reason cited by the United employee was that Godfrey’s Arizona
driver’s license had expired. The employee pointed to a date to substantiate
this allegation.
"No," Godfrey told her. "That’s the day the license was issued."
The woman then pointed to another date on the card, Feb. 17, 2000,
contending it was the expiration date. Godfrey countered that the date
identified him as "under 21" until then.
"Too bad, it’s too late," the flight attendant informed him
==+==

:-/

Scott A

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Gerber writes:
I found this interesting for several reasons.

I don't want to debate it, but this is the only place it fits here. You all
can decide whether/where to plug it in to your arguments.

http://www.cpcn.com/articles/101801/news.godfrey.shtml

Matt