 Off-Topic / Debate / 14007
Re: Hiroshima-Was It Necessary?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:41:44 GMT

I would say that if it
can be demonstrated that if any particular weapon is the most effective and
appropriate weapon under valid reasoning based on the facts available at the
time, using it in a war that pits good against evil is not terrorism.

The use of a 767 on Sep 11 was probably deemed effective and appropriate by the
perpetrators - with a little investment in pilot training, and without the need
to carry into the country any explosives or risk discovery by building their
own, they effectively sent exactly the message they wanted to send.

And your own president (and many others) say it is war, and is pitting good
against evil.

I think you need to make this point a little clearer - I definitely don't agree
that those attacks weren't terrorism.

ROSCO