 Off-Topic / Debate / 1397
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:31:27 GMT

I also think that sterilization should be a (necessary but not
sufficient) prerequisite for almost any social benefits like food
stamps, welfare, medicaid, etc.

I grew up during the 60s - remember the era that fought for equal rights,
fought against the war in Vietnam, fought for student rights, fought against
oppression of the poor by the rich, fought to get assistance to those who were
in need.

You now propose sterility in order to qualify for "social benefits" programs.

Hmm...  How about student loans - isn't that a form of "social benefit"?  How
about sterilizing anyone that has a student loan until the loan is paid back.

Senior citizens on Medicare - oh yeah, they're ripe for sterility.

Construction workers - most of whom work 6-8 months a year, but are on
unemployment during the winter - and some even receive food stamps.  Why not,
they're tax dollars have paid for the right to receive food stamps.  Do we
sterilize them each fall and reverse the operation each spring?

Or is your intent merely to limit the reproduction of citizens that you find to
be worthless to society?  Jeez what's next - concentration camps.  Or is your
intent extinction?

I am truly appalled by the direction this debate has taken.