 Off-Topic / Debate / 13881
  Re: Cuba is a terrorist state (was Re: Any truth in this one - Cuba as a terrostist state.

(...) I dunno about Larry's references, but I can confirm this. According to a cuban veteran I spoke to while in Cuba, he was in Angola in the early eighties. A number of people here who have had business there (Angola, not Cuba) by then reported (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cuba is a terrorist state (was Re: Any truth in this one - Cuba as a terrostist state.

(...) Cuban advisors and troops were all over the place, but regardless of how you slice it, it wasn't terrorism. For some reason people are quick to denounce terrorism, and then they can't quite define it--what's military action, and what's (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cuba is a terrorist state (was Re: Any truth in this one - Cuba as a terrostist state.

(...) That's fine... here's a question though: How many years have to go by before you're off the hook, if there has been no change in regime and no repudiation or reparation? Where I am going with this is, suppose (hypothetically) it has been (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cuba is a terrorist state (was Re: Any truth in this one - Cuba as a terrostist state.

(...) Huh... I did not explain myself properly: I wanted to confirm they were in Angola, not that what they were doing there was terrorism. It is true they were there as "advisors", even though some contingents DID enter in combat for the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cuba is a terrorist state (was Re: Any truth in this one - Cuba as a terrostist state.

(...) Do you mean a *formal repudiation*? I would say it takes an effective change in attitude. You can wait forever for a formal declaration... presentely, Cuba seems not to be sponsoring terrorism - therefore, it is reasonable to take them "off (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)