 Off-Topic / Debate / 13799
  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) In the case of United Airlines, rather than having to face the true weight of their possible negligence in terms of security failures leading up to the disasters, they have de facto been rewarded by govt. shielding that has given them a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) I have flown since then. It was the same as before, yet vastly different, both at the same time in a spooky sort of way. Same terminals, same security guards at my end, but much more serious... and much less attitude from everyone involved. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Actually, they were flying up to 9-11. They just decided as soon as the grounding occurred and it became clear that it was going to be more than just the rest of the day or so, that it wasn't worth trying to continue when they would lose so (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) OK, thanks for that correction. I stand corrected. (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)