 Off-Topic / Debate / 13692
Re: Israel and Palestine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:08:44 GMT

Just for my own edification, if a Jewish family could produce a legitimate
deed from, say, eight or ten centuries ago documenting their ownership of a
piece of property in modern Palestinian land, would you accept that deed as
proof of their right to be there?

Absolutely, and there are Arab Jews with such deeds that Israel also will
not recognize. It's not a question of religion, it's basically racism. Arab
Jews are second class Jews in Israel because the Zionists regard
Palestinians as transients.

Obviously such a document is not likely to be forthcoming, so I pose the >question as a hypothetical.

I'd say from the majority of European Jews that's highly unlikely. But not
from Arab Jews.

Dan