 Off-Topic / Debate / 13472
  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) I'm missing something in this--do you mean if you're required to display it (wearing it on your lapel) or produce it on command (hey you, show me your ID)? Either would be objectionable, I agree, but I'm curious about which you meant (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Well, produce it on command is what I meant. Though, having to wear it is even creepier. "Hi, my name is Chris!" (...) Yeah. I don't want _them_ implanting chips in newborns. OTOH, if there are nifty chips that we can implant to improve (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) 'Life as an Office Christmas Party." A more horrifying dystopia I cannot imagine. (...) If there's a slippery slope to be found here, you might have just hit on it--it might be justifiable to implant an "insulin regulator" chip or an "epilepsy (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)